Broadway is a property development company with two passions: sensitively rehabilitating period and architecturally interesting properties; and designing and building new, beautifully crafted homes.
Since 2005, the company has remodelled or built more than 130 residential dwellings, many with on-site property management. Owner/occupiers at all stages of life are drawn to Broadway developments: from young professionals and couples, to growing families, to busy executives, to discerning retirees
Westcliff is a development of four detached and one semi-detached Grade II Victorian villas situated on the cliff tops in Weston super Mare with outstanding views over the Bristol Channel. Built originally as private dwellings, the buildings were then used for many years a school and most recently as the arts facility for Weston College before its relocation to a new facility in the Town. Broadway purchased the properties in 2007 and obtained planning consents to convert the buildings into 28 luxury apartments in 2008.
Construction works are phased. High Cleve was completed in November 2009, Dunraven, Radford and Birnbeck between 2010 and 2012, and Marina is due for completion in late 2013.
St George's House
Newly constructed, St George’s House comprises eleven modern and spacious apartments occupying a prominent corner position in St. George’s Place, Bath. With a traditional facade to St George’s Place and a contemporary facade to Nelson Place, it is just a five minute level walk from Queen Square in the city centre.
Moravian Place sets demanding standards. Contemporary apartments featuring state of the art kitchens with fully integrated appliances, Swiss bathrooms, programmable heating, dramatic lighting and understated interior design all within the context of a faithfully restored landmark piece of Edwardian architecture make Moravian Place a remarkably practical new home choice.
The Elms in Houghton, Cambridgeshire was originally constructed as a magnificent residence for the son of local entrepreneur and mill owner, Potto Brown, and more recently used as offices for a leading pharmaceutical company. It was then purchased by Broadway who obtained planning for the development of 22 new homes.
These have now been constructed within this wooded and quite stunning 6 acre setting. 7 apartments are housed in the restored 1868 Victorian Mansion, 14 in four sympathetically built new apartment buildings and the existing Coach House will be converted to 2 further homes. Completion of the mansion restoration and 14 new apartments were completed in Summer 2008. Sales and lettings folled. See the Elms website for up to date availability.
3 – 6 North Parade Buildings is a Grade II listed Georgian Terrace in a pedestrianised street in the centre of Bath. Previously occupied and used as offices by Bath & North East Somerset Council, Broadway obtained planning and listed building consents for the restoration of all four buildings. No. 4, 5 and 6 have been sold to “Live-Work” purchasers and No. 3 was sold as an office investment to
a pension fund.
Broadway completed the purchase of this magnificent site overlooking Pittville Park in March 2006. Building works were completed in Summer 2008 of the sixteen luxury apartments. Sales and lettings have proved the popularity of the location and quality of the finish.
Originally built in the 1770’s as a Rectory, the Grade 2 listed Brompton House was extended twice towards the end of the 19th and 20th centuries. The property was operating as an hotel when it was purchased as a going concern by Landscot Ltd., a subsidiary of Hill Farm Securities, in December 2004. Planning and Listed Building consents were obtained for Landscot Ltd. by the Nash Partnership to convert the property into 8 apartments. Work started in January 2005 and was completed in June 2005.
Avondale lies on the banks of the River Avon in the village of Batheaston, 2 miles east of Bath City Centre. The property which dates back to 1720 has an illustrious past having been previously occupied by the novelist LP Hartley, anti-slavery campaigner, William Wilberforce, and Dr. Oliver, creator of the ubiquitous Bath Oliver biscuit.
More recently Avondale was run as a hotel before Broadway gained planning consent for conversion of the property into 2 houses and 5 apartments. The scheme is now finished 1 house and 4 apartments have been sold and 1 house and 1 apartment have been let and will be retained as an investment.
16 Rivers Street
Located between the Royal Crescent and the Circus, Rivers Street contains some of Bath’s earliest examples of Georgian architecture. 16, Rivers Street is a corner property originally built in the 1780’s. Consents were obtained for restoration as a 4-bedroom home on 5 stories.
The previous use of the property had been as a print shop but evidence that the property had previously functioned as a Victorian Corner shop prevented a faithful restoration in the original Georgian style. Nevertheless, significant work to the structure and the installation of contemporary features ensured that the home was quickly sold following completion.
Hill Farm Securities’ subsidiary Tosca Capel Ltd. bought the property in January 2004 and obtained planning approval for demolition of the existing home and replacement with a new building providing 14 apartments with garage parking. All 14 apartments were sold close to completion.
71 High Street
Fully restored 4-Bedroom Cotswold Townhouse on one of England’s prettiest high streets. Hill Farm Securities bought the property in 2002 when it was a semi occupied office and maisonette and spent two years planning and restoring this Grade 2 listed property to provide a four bedroom family house.
10a and 11 Great Pulteney Street
Purchased in 2002, the property was previously operated as the Chesterfield Hotel. Hill Farm Securities bought the hotel and formed a joint venture with Ash Mill Developments to jointly develop the property as two Grade 1 listed homes. Emerys of Bath completed the restoration in mid 2003. No 11, a six bedroom home, was sold in Summer 2003 and No 10a, a five bedroom home, was sold in early 2004.
Sycamore and Pear Tree Cottages
This fine pair of Victorian Estate Workers cottages is idyllically situated. The village of Buckland is located beneath the northern Cotswold escarpment in a secluded valley between Broadway and Cheltenham. The cottages face the 13th Century village Church of St Michael and lie in the centre of the village conservation area. Both cottages have well-established gardens.
Both cottages were sold during 2004 to owner-occupiers. The new owners intend to implement Planning and Conservation Area consents obtained by Hill Farm Securities for sympathetic extensions to form larger individual cottages.
Lyon House, 105B High Street
Lyon House was developed on the former site of Kirtlands Nursery School and as such, became the first property to be built on Broadway’s High Street in the 21st Century.
Hill Farm Securities purchased the site in early 2003 and immediately submitted amendments to the existing planning consent, which had been obtained by the previous owners.
Lyon House was pre-purchased in early 2004. Building works were completed in late Spring 2004. The property makes a significant contribution to the views of the village from the Cotswold escarpment and comprises a 5 bedroom home of real quality and distinction.
The Old School and The Old Hall
Purchased in 2002, this property was originally in single occupation when Hill Farm Securities bought it. Planning Consent was obtained for the removal of various education-related extensions and the conversion of a late Victorian classroom into a separate 3-bedroom home. Both homes were sold during 2003.
Berry Wormington Cottage
Berry Wormington Cottage is a delightful cottage set in 22 acres. Purchased at the end of 2007, Broadway has refurbished and is letting the property short term whilst seeking planning for new extensions and a significant “facelift”.